Interns work closely with project teams working on industry development programmes or related research, assisting in many supporting functions and activities while benefiting from exposure to various industries. A limited number of six-month internships are available at B&M Analysts’ offices in Cape Town, Durban and Johannesburg, with opportunities for a permanent placement typically explored towards the end of an internship.
What You'll Do
Interns are required to work on identified projects that may span across a number of programmes/divisions/projects within B&M Analysts. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Internal projects as identified by the executive committee
- Assistance on external research projects
- Assistance on cluster and research activities such as:
-Compilation of databases
-Data presentation in numerical and graphical format
-Statistical data analysis, forecasting and interpretation
-Completion of surveys and interviews
-Desktop and secondary research
-Analysis of findings
-Compilation of reports
-Presentation of reports to firms and/or industry stakeholders
-Administration of cluster business plans
-Organisation and administration of cluster workshops
-Ensure programme aspects are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Effectively conveying company and cluster messages in both written and verbal business
- Development discussions
- Effectively applying BMA’s methodology and enforces project standards
- Keeping informed of industry developments
- Maintaining relationships with cluster members and other stakeholders
- Identifying new opportunities for clusters
What We're Looking For
We are offering a 6 month internship to allow a bright, enthusiastic and hard-working individual an opportunity to gain valuable work experience, develop his/her own skills and improve his/her employment career opportunities. In addition to honing his/her own skills set, the intern will be developed in other business skill areas such as Project Management, Business Communication, Time Management and Business Etiquette.
- Completed studies
- Minimum Honours qualification – Economics/Economic Development
- Not studying part time
- Driver’s licence (not a minimum requirement but would be an advantage)
Preference will be given to those applicants that are from a previously disadvantaged background.
Behavioral Competencies Required
- Respect for others
- Team Work
- Commitment to deadlines
Interested? We want to hear from you.
Email Robyn a note about yourself, why you’re interested in working for B&M Analysts, and include relevant links (CV, personal website, links to projects, research papers or publications you’ve been part of crafting).