BMA Intelligent Systems has been contracted to manage the APDP Administration System, and related services, for the duration of the APDP which is set to expire in 2020. A core part of this management responsibility is that the system is maintained to ensure optimal system uptime and functionality.
The system has been designed for a 99.98% uptime (excluding external failures from major utility providers such Eskom and Telkom) and the OEM Service Level Agreement has been set at 98%.
We will ensure that any maintenance required on the system is completed outside of peak APDP usage periods. Any scheduled system maintenance will be performed outside of Monday to Friday working hours and between the peak usage periods expected for the first 2 to 3 weeks of the beginning of each quarter.
As part of our service offering BMA Intelligent Systems has a free Annual APDP training programme for system users which will be delivered at intervals throughout the year in the major automotive regions as follows:
- Eastern Cape (Port Elizabeth and East London)
- Gauteng (Pretoria and Ekurhuleni)
- KwaZulu-Natal (Durban)
- Western Cape (Cape Town)
The benefits of our training programme for registered users of the system includes:
- APDP policy and system training for new/additional APDP personnel.
- Up to date information regarding APDP policy amendments and regulatory changes.
- Information pertaining to system developments and value added services.
Please feel free to contact us via email or telephonically, should you require training at a nearby location. T&Cs apply.
Call centre support
BMA Intelligent Systems has a call centre available to support the APDP Administration System. This has been operational since 4 June 2012.
The call centre is open Monday to Thursday from 08:30 to 16:00 and Friday from 08:30 to 15:30. Our friendly call centre staff are on hand for users of the system in order to:
- Respond to systems usage queries whether it be site usage and/or site navigation guidance.
- Explain the information requirements of the APDP and how to complete the worksheets used to gather this information.
- Log change requests and system technical failures for these to be passed on to our development team for resolution.
The system will be continually revised and updated for any changes in the APDP policy such as:
- Information changes required on worksheets such as information regarding imports.
- Changes to the layout of the Standard Materials Declaration (SMD) and/or Form C1 as a result of changes to the list of standard materials.
- Any changes in policy that affect the declarations required.
- Changes to the Production Incentive factor and Vulnerable Industry standard materials factors.
The Production Incentive (PI) counter will also be adjusted annually to accommodate for changes in the PI factor, the Standard Value Addition (SVA) factor, and/or changes to the tariff schedules.
Value Added Services
BMA Intelligent Systems also offers additional APDP related value added services such as:
1. Management of EPC & PRCC applications
We offer very competitive rates and there is nothing to pay if we do not succeed with your EPC application.
2. Implementation of systems to automate the extraction of APDP information requirements
We can help reduce the administrative load of extracting the information required by installing systems to help with this. Your company could also outsource the administrative function of compiling the SMD and Form C1 returns to us where we have supplied a system to automate the process.
3. Firm-level APDP data analysis to identify localisation opportunities
Our database contains invaluable industry information as the returns submitted via our system reflect the component supply for vehicle production of 6 local OEMs. We are very mindful of the confidential nature of the data and would never share data in a way that would break the confidentiality agreements we have in place, but we are able to provide your company with valuable insights into its current levels of local content, overall and/or down to part level, as well as comparisons against aggregated industry data. These reports may be used to help to identify localisation opportunities within the sector(s) your company operates.
Please contact BMA Intelligent Systems at support (at) bmais.co.za if you would like more information on any of the above.